All educators have met the fit and proper criteria and are registered with Dynamic Kids Family Day Care Provider to operate a family day care business in accordance with all regulations and legal requirements, including a current “Working With Children Check”.
Children are nurtured and cared for in the homes of approved Family Day Care Educators who are provided with training and support in every aspect of their work. Our Educator Support Officers also have a role to ensure that all educators are following Regulations and the Policies and Procedures of the Dynamic Kids Family Day Care Provider.
Dynamic Kids Family Day Care Provider Educators are:
- Contractors with the Dynamic Kids Family Day Care Provider who provide quality childcare in a home environment
- Trained thoroughly on orientation and on-going professional development
- Regularly monitored and supported by qualified Support and Resource officers from the Dynamic Kids Family Day Care Provider
- Committed to providing a safe, stimulating and flexible environment for your children
- Professionals who have a caring attitude and understand the needs of children and their families
- Participate in regular professional development to maintain and expand their skills and knowledge
- A Family Day Care Educator must have, or be actively working towards, at least an approved Certificate III level Education and Care qualification. (Dynamic Kids Family Day Care Provider team will assist you in this).
Dynamic Kids Family Day Care Provider Educators are required to:
- Attend three day orientation training
- Meet safety requirements of the home
- Annual safety check, roadworthy and restraint check on vehicles used for Family Day Care
- Annual compulsory attendance of professional development (manual handling and child protection)
- Have a current Police Check, Public Liability Insurance, Medical checks, First Aid certificate and Anaphylaxis training, and a Working with Children Check for all members of the household over 18 years of age. (Dynamic Kids Family Day Care Provider team will assist you in this).
- A FDC Educator must update on an annual basis in order to stay registered as FDC Educators.
- Physically and emotionally care for young children
- Create a safe, secure, welcoming and child friendly environment that will support the development and learning of young children
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm and genuine commitment for the well-being of children
- Work independently with the support of a Family Day Care coordination scheme
- Have sound management and organisational skills
- Communicate effectively with adults and children
- Have an understanding of children’s development
- Be aware of and sensitive to the needs and values of parents and children
- Have and appreciation of cultural and family diversity
- Commit to ongoing professional development
BECOME AN EDUCATOR
If you enjoy working with children, and want to make a difference in their lives by providing quality care and learning experiences from your own nurturing home environment, then family day care could be your career of choice!